Thursday, January 31, 2013

What exactly is Animal Communication and how does it help?

I created this  shelter animal's Auragraph 
 from a tarot reading
 
Finding yourself able to communicate with another species is exhilarating. It is a feat humans are all capable of at some level of competency. All it takes is:
  • An open mind
  • An expansive spirit
  • An ability to listen to the quiet voice inside you
You will need to appreciate the meaning in the messages you receive by hearing, feeling, sensing, seeing or reading what enters your calm mind.
 
The way I gain messages from animals is through all of the above. I "hear", feel, see images and get a knowing sense of that an animal is communicating. I may get an actual feeling of pain or of loneliness. I once sensed a broken heart from a bearded dragon!

During a workshop last Novemeber, I was asked to contact a fellow student's deceased pet from a photograph. I emptied my thoughts and tuned into the essence of the dog in the photo.

I asked, "Who are you?"

I immediately heard, "I'm a dancer!" and saw the dog's distinctively joyful body movements. When I described this to the student, her eyes widened. "Dancer was her nickname!" she exclaimed.
 
The other night while I was giving TTouch to our friend Brian's cat Georgio, I got an image of a cloudy red disk. I felt a blockage in the cat's root chakra and told Brian that I felt it meant Georgio (who I had just met) was insecure and had body image issues. Brian thought I "nailed it" but most importantly, I delivered information that can be addressed in order to help Georgio.

Getting validation is important as you need faith that what you receive is really coming from this particular individual. It's exciting but staying with the connection and expressing gratitude for the contact is also important (see previous post on honouring messages). Following through with any behaviours that are negotiated is also key.

That is the major reason we talk to our pets...we want life to be more harmonious and if you slack off on what you say you'll do, the animal will resort back to doing what it does, no matter how irrational it seems to us. Animal communication is also helpful for:
  • Discovering the past history of shelter animals
  • Scanning the body to find areas of pain or discomfort
  • What may be causing emotional issues
  • Aiding an animal transition at the end of his or her life
  • Communicating with spirits of deceased pets for closure
The Enchanted Pet is my platform for posting stories on how animal communication can improve relationships between humans and their animal companions. I will write book reviews, link to interesting videos or news stories and post auragraphs (like the one illustrated above) which I use to gain more insight into shelter animals.
 
I chose to use the term "enchanted" for the name of my blog because that is how I sense animals feel after knowing they've been listened to and understood. I recall gently massaging little Riley's mouth...he has barking/nipping issues...and whilst his owner was holding her breath, Riley appeared to be completely blissed out...enchanted...by the treatment, he appeared to be smiling.
 
I hope you enjoy your visits and are open to the possibility of having an enchanted pet!

No comments:

Post a Comment